Thursday, January 21, 2010

UNBELIEVABLE!.............

So, I was in the hospital three days after birth for a possible infection, needing IV antibiotics to recover. And Yesterday around 1:00 or so, I began spiking a fever very quickly. I was chilled and shivering uncontrollably, wondering what was going on. I thought it might be mastitis, so called the midwife and she said that I could go in to the ER for antibiotics, or I could take loads of vitamins, and wait to see by tomorrow. I took Tylenol also and that did eventually drop my fever and help me to feel a bit better. But, I still began to feel worse again.

Out of desperation, I took two ounces of my own milk and was amazed that I began feeling better. So, then I had this dilemma of wanting to be well and knowing my milk could make me better, and not wanting to use Mikayla's milk! This is the first time I have drank my own milk and I was amazed that I could do it, but honestly grossed out at the thought. It's amazing what you will do when you feel like you are dying. And after a couple of hours, I began feeling worse again, took more Tylenol and still decided that I must go to the hospital!

We spent two hours at the hospital just to get one pill and a prescription. I don't even have the energy to go into the frustration of our medical system or Kaiser Permanente for that matter! But, wouldn't it be great if we could just have the DR call in a prescription?

And, I must lie flat again as my head is throbbing like a freight train is going through it. Let's hope that this is my last complication!

No comments:

Post a Comment