Sunday, February 7, 2010

Reflecting on an amazing journey

I find it so interesting that one year ago, I was preparing to carry a baby for a couple that I didn't even know. These two people were strangers to me, but yet, somehow, I felt connected to them and knew that we had made a good choice. After going through a whole process of getting pregnant, staying pregnant, being pregnant and then birth and postpartum together, all I can say is that this couple feels closer than family. There is a closeness that I feel in my heart and a fondness that is hard to describe.

Little reminders around my home remind me of the time that we spent together in December. We all went through so much together and I have grown to have a deep love and appreciation for this father and mother. The fact that they are such good parents is a huge comfort to me as a surrogate. I see them caring for their daughter who I love so very much and it gives me an indescribable sense of joy. On the other side of this surrogacy, all I can say is that I feel blessed to have been connected to two people who are not only deserving of a family, but fill the role so wonderfully well. Accolades to mommy and daddy. Thanks for letting me be a part of your journey :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment